WISPAA: Terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Set out below are the terms and conditions for entering the 2022 Women in Sport Photo Action Awards (#WISPAA).
In 2022, there are three WISPAA Categories in which awards will be awarded. These categories are:
- Professional photographers;
- Amateur photographers; and
- Emerging photographers (either professional or amateur) aged under 21 as at 30 March 2022.
Professional photographers: One winner’s award and two runner up awards will be awarded for action photos that meet the qualifying criteria set out below taken by professional photographers. Photos must have been published in traditional, digital or social media in the qualifying period and proof of this publication provided. A professional photographer is a photographer who is employed or contracted to take photos or who otherwise sells photos for commercial gain. Each entrant will be asked to identify as a professional or amateur photographer, although WSA retains its discretion to recategorise any photographer into a different category. Entrants in the emerging photographer category can be either professional or amateur.
Amateur photographers: One winner’s award and two runner up awards will be awarded for action photos that meet the qualifying criteria set out below taken by amateur photographers. Photos must have been published in traditional, digital or social media in the qualifying period and proof of this publication provided.
Emerging photographers: One winner’s award and two runner up awards will be awarded for action photos that meet the qualifying criteria set out below taken by emerging photographers. Photos must have been published in traditional, digital or social media in the qualifying period and proof of this publication provided. An emerging photographer is someone aged under 21 as at 30 March 2022.
An action photo means a photo of a woman or women actively participating in sport in Australia, subject to the qualifying criteria set out below.
Entry is free.
In 2022, each photographer can submit a maximum of five photos in the category in which they qualify.
To qualify, entrants must:
- Submit their name, date of birth, postcode, phone contact, email, photos, caption identifying the woman/women in the photo, date photo was published, site where photo was published, the link to published photo if available, or a picture of a tear-out of the published photo;
- Be the creator of any photo he/she enters. Any editing must be the work of the entrant and/or in the professional category the entrant’s employer and is subject to the qualifying criteria set out below;
- Own the copyright of the photo entered (if the entrant is in the amateur/emerging photographer categories) or the entrant or the entrant’s employer (if the entrant is in the professional category or is in the emerging photographer category and is a professional photographer) must own the copyright of the photo entered;
- Be an Australian resident;
- Grant WSA a perpetual, non-exclusive and royalty free right to use their submitted photos in WSA publicity, WSA publications and on WSA’s website, social media channels and any future awards exhibition and WSA community/schools exhibitions;
- Grant WSA partners a limited, non-exclusive and royalty free right to use their submitted photos in connection with, and for the duration of, the WSA partners’ sponsorship of WISPAA (including the awards and any future awards exhibitions) and of WSA;
- Warrant that they are able to provide the rights granted above and the images are not otherwise restricted by any intellectual property rights or moral rights held by any other individual or organisation; and
- Have the permission of their parent/guardian to enter this competition and provide their personal information for the purposes set out in these terms and conditions, if the entrant is aged under 18 as at the date of entering the competition.
By submitting photos via the entry process, entrants guarantee that all of the entry requirements and photo qualifying criteria have been met.
Photo Qualifying Criteria
To qualify, the photos must:
- Have been taken and published in the qualifying period: 1 May 2021 – 30 April 2022;
- Feature a sportswoman or sportswomen actively participating in sport at any level in Australia. The sport can be amateur or professional;
- Not feature any females aged under 18;
- Not feature any sportswoman who has not consented to their image being submitted into the WISPAA competition;
- Only have been entered in one category;
- Not have been edited, filtered or photoshopped, other than for cropping or resizing purposes; and
- Be uploaded with a minimum resolution of 300dpi, JPEG format, with metadata included. Photos must be printable to at least 11×14 (279x354mm).
WSA reserves the right to withdraw any photo that contravenes the terms and conditions.
Entries open on Wednesday 30 March 2022 and close at 11.59pm on Monday 2 May 2022.
Finalists will be announced on Wednesday 25 May 2022. Winners will be announced on Wednesday 1 June 2022 at an awards function in Melbourne.
Finalists and winners will be advised by their supplied phone/email and will be invited to the awards function. Finalists will be responsible for their own costs of travelling to Melbourne.
Judges will favour photos that show the athleticism, strength and skill of a woman or women participating in sport.
Winners and runner up photographers will provide reasonable cooperation to WSA to act as ambassadors to promote the WISPAA competition for the 12 months following announcement of their awards. WSA will also provide an opportunity for winners, runners up and finalists in the Emerging and Amateur categories to submit their photos for distribution via the WSA channel on the www.unsplash.com platform.
Any amateur photographer who wins the amateur category more than once will be elevated into and judged in the professional category for any photos they submit in future WISPAA competitions.
This photography competition is conducted by Women Sport Australia Inc (“WSA”).
Information on how to enter and on prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
WSA reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. WSA may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of WSA corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. WSA will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.