Women Sport Australia Inc (WSA) is the peak national advocacy body for women in sport.
WSA is a volunteer, not-for-profit body that was incorporated in July 2005. It was formerly known as the Australian Womensport and Recreation Association (AWRA) and rebranded to become Women Sport Australia in 2017.
We are the peak independent body for women and girls in sport in Australia, dedicated to making sport equitable for all.
The strategic pillars that enable us to bring this vision to life by 2026 are;
ADVOCACY & RELATIONSHIPS
- We are connected and engage with the decision-makers to help influence change.
- We have a strong and connected community of members who value our programs and services.
PROGRAMS & EVENTS
- Our tailored programs and events have an enduring impact for sport and those involved.
- We strive to ensure women in sport are celebrated and promoted, regardless of the sport.
- We are aligned with partners who champion gender equality.
- We are a financially sustainable organisation, underpinned by good governance.