Apply now for the Women In Sport Mentoring Program
Launch your career in sport, meet key sport stakeholders and take your leadership to the next level through the Women in Sport Mentoring Program.
The WSA program is open to and designed for women working at an early - mid stage of their career across all areas of sport, sports administration and sports media.
Melbourne: Friday 29th March 2019, 12.00pm at Tennis Victoria Offices
Mentoring is a proven and practical way to encourage the participation and advancement of women in the workforce. The creation of supportive ‘role-model’ based relationships allows a more experienced individual to guide, encourage and support the mentee as she strives to achieve identified aspirations and goals.
Successful leaders regularly cite their mentors as having played a critical role in their career success. Mentors can also open doors that might have otherwise been closed.
Over the past four years, WSA’s Mentoring Program has provided opportunities for over 100 women to form mentoring partnerships with senior female and male sports leaders.
In the past we have held workshops in Melbourne and Sydney and we look forward to bringing workshops to more cities across Australia in 2019.
Experienced Program Team:
Carol Fox: WSA Chair, Principal Trainer & Executive Coach – Confident Communication for Leaders
Bron Madigan: Managing Director – Dynamix Sport Projects, Board Member - Softball Victoria
Mentees are assessed and carefully matched with mentors to maximise the learning and development.
Mentees attend a Professional Workshop focusing on:
- Being a Confident Leader
- The Art of Networking
- Boards and Committees
- Career Pathways
There are three one-to-one sessions between the mentor and mentee and regular program communication provides guidance to mentors and mentees, ensuring progress is made.
The program concludes with an evaluation to assess how well it has met expectations and assist future enhancement.
- Attendance at the Professional Workshop
- Pro active engagement with your mentor and participation in the program
- A minimum of three meetings between the mentor and mentee
Benefits of the Mentoring Program:
- Provides a supportive environment for personal development and increases self-esteem and confidence
- Provides mentees with new skills, industry knowledge and a personal development plan and pathway options
- Advances career opportunities with the establishment of professional networks
The 2019 Women’s Mentoring Program fees are as follows (all fees are inclusive of GST):
- Individual fee: $450 per participant
- Fee for Organisation Members who register more than one applicant: $405 per participant
In 2019, WSA is pleased to announce a number of scholarships for women who would like to participate in the program but do not have access to the required funding. Scholarship details will be announced soon.
Melbourne Program Details:
Friday March 29th 2019 12.00pm – 4.30pm – Networking Event will be held post workshop at a nearby venue. Details coming soon!
Venue – Tennis Victoria Board Room, Olympic Boulevard, Richmond
Planning is under way to rollout our Mentoring Program in more cities around Australia in 2019 - stay tuned!
It’s Time to Move Your Career Forward
For more information please email Rae Turner, WSA Deputy Chair at email@example.com
or Bron Madigan, Managing Director – Dynamix Sports Projects at firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a WSA Mentor
The WSA program is made possible through the generous support of WSA members, partners and associates who volunteer their valuable time as mentors. It's an opportunity for them to give back to the sporting community and support our next generation of female leaders in sport. If you are interested in becoming one of our WSA mentors, please contact Rae Turner or Bron Madigan as above.
Your donation will help ensure that less fortunate women and girls will dare to dream and fulfil their ambitions and potential in the sporting arena at all levels, on or off the playing field.
This is an initiative of Women Sport Australia, a not-for-profit organisation which influences and leads positive change for women in Australian sport.
- Each $500 raised will provide the opportunity for a scholarship to be offered to suitable mentees to participate in the program
- Each $200 raised will assist in attracting high quality mentors to grow the pool available to mentees
- Your donation will enable WSA to:
- provide a highly experienced and successful sports management professional to deliver the program all around the country
- engage an industry expert to produce high quality course materials and provide customised individual support to each mentee
- increase the number of mentees in the program in 2019